Re: Dummy Loads, Line Outs, and thangs like that

actually the better quality loads use a reactive impedance to emulate the
reactive properties of speakers. The crappy ones use a purely resistive
load, which would not sound as good for the reasons you mentioned.

I was looking into this a few years ago to get a line out of my simulclass
2:90,  as well as be able to run the tubes into distortion without
shattering the walls of my building. I never got around to actually
one, but at the time I was favoring the THD hotplates. They have a variety
of loads for different impedance power amp outs. There may be other
now, I don't know.