Roland MC-505

Hi there--
Sounds like the 505 is what I need--lemme ask a question...
Let's say you record a pattern--are the bar lines predetermined?
What I mean--if the metronome is off--can you play for two bars at any
tempo, then press record again to toggle out of record mode, and it will
play your two bars looped even tho they are not two complete measures in
the
tempo selected before you begin?  I am assuming that we don't know what
tempo we are going to play at before we begin . . .
Also, will this then send proper MIDI clock?  In other words, those two
bars--will they send clock at the predetermined tempo, or the one implied
by
the pattern recorded?
Thanks for any info--and be sure to let me know if I didn't ask the
question
in an intelligible manner . . .
Gary