Re: EDP switches for drummers

> There was a drum used in the 70s iirc that was a floor tom with a tube
> attached to the air vent, it allowed the drummer to control pitch with
>air
> pressure.

you can do this with any drum.  Its actually quite wacky with a bass drum
(if yours is airtight - mine has no tom mounts, so its quite airtight).
The
floor tom is a pretty fun trick.  The snare drum usually works well too,
its
a funky effect if you keep the heads loose to begin with.  Check out
Galactic's drummer Stanton Moore.  There's a track on one of their albums
which is just him on his floor tom + air tube with a trumpet player.  He's
got a handful of other fun tricks too including toilet brushes on drums,
metal bowl placed upside down on floor tom, and melodic glass bottle solos.

Obligatory loop content:  Stanton is also a looper using a boomerang and
other effects live.  Actually my first introduction to looping was seeing
him do it live!
Jon