RE: Collaboration in music (response to RandomLFO)

  Miko, regarding the hum using the mic and sound card, it's possible that
it might be a ground loop or interference being induced into the mic,
cable, or sound card itself.
  There are a number of ways of dealing with all of these, and also quite a
few very knowledgable people here.
  Regarding the idea of a ground loop, -where are all of your computer's
peripherals and the system itself plugged into for power?   Are they in a
power strip?   Are they in separate outlets?   Do you have more than one
power strip?
  Regarding interference, Where are your cables positioned?, -both power
and audio?...
  What type and brand of mic do you have?  What peripherals do you have?
Is your sound card a stand-alone card or mounted on your computer's
motherboard?  Does it have a separate section physically disconnected from
the card save any cables of course, where you can plug things into, such as
mics or line ins or other audio sources?
  I bet we can figure this all out.   Hums can be really annoying when ya
want quiet.   lol!   Have a great evening...

Smiles,

CQ

---

-Then, anything is possible..."