Examples of topic we'll cover are: amplification of acoustic instruments, the ins and outs of audio mixers, performing with effects processors, live sampling and looping, MIDI control of mixing and effects, alternative controllers, how to plug anything into anything without blowing it all up, etc.

The participants who have registered so far run the gamut from undergraduate students seeking basic information on electroacoustic performance to established composers wanting a refresher course and introduction to the current technology. We intend to tailor the presentations and labs as much as possible to the personal interests of the participants.

Here are the particulars:

When:   Saturday, November 16, 2002
        9:30 AM - 5:30 PM

Where:  Tuttomedia Studio
        312 Fifth Avenue (at Rose)
        Venice, CA 90291

Who:    Tutors Miriam Kolar, David Javelosa, and Richard Zvonar
        with guest artists Marty Walker and Mary Lou Newmark

What:   The first acf/LA Technology Workshop: "Live Electronics"

Cost:   $15.00 for ACF members and registered students
        $30.00 for all others

Schedule:

09:30-10:00     registration/coffee time

10:00-11:00     Miriam Kolar on Audio Systems

11:00-12:30     Richard Zvonar on Effects Processing
                David Javelosa on Control Systems

12:30-02:00     lunch break

02:00-03:00     group discussion, Q & A

03:00-05:00     individual lab sessions with the three tutors

05:00-05:30     wrap-up

If you can't make it, tell a friend!

--

       American Composers Forum, Los Angeles - Technology Workshops

        Need more info?:  (818) 788-2202 or <tekWorx@composers.la>