Re: Practice, rehearse, perform

What isn't real?  That's my question.  Even a tab of acid creates some
real effect... even if only
for the user.  Is a hallucination any less real than a video or film
image?  Do you think that's
air your breathing?  Hmmm?

Which brings me to visuals.  I hate to say it, but I must admit there's
little worse than watching
someone on stage twiddle knobs.  I left an electronic music festival when
a guy got up and started
futzing around with a laptop.  The techno music that was coming from the
PA could have been from a
CD for all I knew, or cared.

Inversely, I seem to enjoy some forms of music live (reggae, blues) while
not liking them much on
CD.  Not sure why.

I know I'm one of those people that just don't put on a very good
performance.  So I usually let a
video do that work for me.  Nice little illusion video is, and projectors
are getting nicer and
cheaper.  Plus, you can do a lot of neat MIDI controlled video tricks
these days.

Mark Sottilaro