From: Steve Lawson [mailto:steve@steve-lawson.co.uk]
Sent: 21 November 2002 19:41
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: What the hell happened here????/tour roundup...

Blimey!

I go away on tour for a month, and all hell breaks loose on LD - what
was
all that about?

Anyway, I'm back after a loopalicious month of gigs opening for Level 42
a largely virgin loop audience), and some shows with Michael Manring and
David Friesen, as well as some clinics in between...

what's most startling, in light of some of the discussions in recent
times
is just how many people have no idea about real time looping, and are
totally with it as soon as they hear it and have it explained (I did a
30
second 'it's not on CD, it's me playing and looping' schpeil each night
explain what was going on') - loads of emails from people wanting to
know
about looping devices/when the new EDPs will be around... loads of
questions
out by the merch stand each night... Looping can certainly capture the
imagination of the listening public, and does have mass market appeal,
if
the music that's being looped works for them. No question...

I've played to about 35,000 people in the last month, sold a shed load
of
CDs, and will hopefully get to do it all again next year when the second
leg
of the tour takes off... taking over the world, one loop at a time...
:o)

Have a look at the guestbook on my site for more reviews, should you be
interested...

New CD out now (released about three weeks ago) - haven't had time to do
any
promo, but it's already outsold the last one... :o) CC ordering via the
website - CD's called Not Dancing For Chicken - thanks to everyone who's
already bought it...

I'll be over in California in Jan/Feb, playing with Andre, Rick and some
others, as well as doing some solo stuff, so hope to catch up with lots
of
you then... Dates are still being finalised - suggestions for
venues/other
places a short flight away from CA that can be investigated, all
welcome...

big love and loops...

(sorry if this sounds like a newsletter, I'm knackered from all the
gigging
and driving and am not yet communicating on all cylinders... :o)

Steve
www.steve-lawson.co.uk