Re: Oswald's White Xmas, was:Les Paul

At 11:55 AM -0800 11/24/02, Mark Landman wrote:

>[Plunderphonic] falls into the category of things I've wanted to
>hear for a long time and never quite got around to.

It's available:

http://www.negativland.com/nmol/seeland.html

>I used to do a lot of illustration for Mondo 2000

What became of M2000?

>Want to try and describe Oswald's 'White Christmas"? I'd enjoy
>hearing about it...

At first it seems a fairly simple transformation of the original
recording - the  pitch wanders erratically all over the place, as if
the turntable were about to expire (it gives new meaning to the
"groaner" epithet sometimes applied to Bing and his emulators). Then
the backup singers come it behind him, and they're dead on pitch
while Crosby's voice continues to wander. Quite a clever hack.

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com
http://RZCybernetics.com