RE: Bass and Guitar Distortion Device...

They are now using rack mounted lined POD pro's, lined directly into the
stage box. On last years US tour with Tool the Meshuggah bass player was
using one of those round and red POD's. Each guitar player have two
POD's and they are all midi connected so when the solo guitarist calls
up a "solo patch" his sound is panned into the centre (with stereo delay
gong left/right) while the rhythm guitarists sound is getting
split-panned even broader to fill up behind the solo. Very nice stage
concept! They don't have to worry about the length of a  solo part and
are free to improvise very quickly without loosing that ultra tight
metal sound.

Best wishes

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se