Re: Streaming Audio over web

--- Andrew Taylor <andrew_art1@hotmail.com> wrote:

> While we're on the subject, how do folks here prefer to use sounds on
>their
> own web pages ? I noticed Andre La Fosse has downloadable MP3's and Real
> Audio streaming ( which my brand new XP pc won't play in Media Player, it
> shuts itself down 'due to a problem' ) but are people using other
> methods/formats ?

I don't have any sounds on web pages. As a user, I don't really care for
web
pages that try to start sounds, because depending on someone's system
configuration, they may not work right (and in some cases, may cause
things like
browser crashing, etc). I much prefer downloading the files manually. But
hey,
I've been called "old school". I don't care if my web browsing looks like a
multimedia show, in fact, most of the time I prefer it didn't.

Beyond that, as someone who is contained behind a fairly restrictive
corporate
firewall much of the time, anything that requires streaming, or a file
format
other then mp3 is difficult for me to use.

Greg