Re: Repeater tempo question

--- "William R. Walker," <chillyb@cruzio.com> wrote:
> You can access tempo via midi using CC #9, assign it
> to an expression pedal
> and it will take you from 01-240 bpm's in 2 bpm
> increments over ther CC
> range of 0-127. You can also access  tap tempo on CC
> # 68 or PC #12 (#13
> for devices that recognize midi #00).

Thanks, Bill. What I'm asking about is the tempo edit
function that DOES NOT effect the audio. Press the
SYNC button for 1 second, then turn the tempo knob.
The loop will not stretch or contract, but a sync'd
drum machine will change tempo. I was hoping for
hands free access to this feature.

I've tried using MIDI-OX to read what happens when
this function is executed. A short press of the SYNC
button sends a cc for TEMPO-LOCK OFF, while a long
press of the SYNC button sends nothing. Pressing the
SYNC button again (after a long press) sends a cc
for TRACK-SELECT.

I suppose what I want to do isn't possible, but I
want to know for sure.

John

=====
John Tidwell