Re: Very Good News!!!!!! Looping software!!! Come On !!!

At 10:47 AM 5/15/2003 -0400, dcoffin@taunton.com wrote:

>Unfortunately, neither VBox or Spark currently offer any way to automate
>or
>modulate routings, or anything else. And you can only control plug-in
>parameters for those plug ins that offer this functionality on their own,
>which is not many.

Nuts!  I had no idea that those programs were so crippled.  No wonder I
don't see people using them as often as I'd expect.

>Pluggo may already provide this flexibility but I won't
>be able to really check this out until it becomes OSX and multi-processor
>savvy. Anybody else explored its modulation and routing possibilties?

More grist for the mill:

As I mentioned, I don't personally own Pluggo, but I knew I'd seen
something relevant regarding it.  Here's a review snippet on Pluggo 3 from
Grooves Magazine, Issue 9, page 53:

"All of Pluggo's plug-ins can interoperate via the PluggoBus, which works
'behind' your sequencer to provide sophisticated control and audio routing
between many of the included plug-ins.  For example, the included
OneByEight plug-in accepts a single channel of audio and routes it between
eight audio outputs via a mouse-controlled matrix.  Each of the outputs
can
then be routed to the effect's left or right output or to any of six other
destinations on the PluggoBus...."

I've read elsewhere that there's also a VST wrapper which, I believe,
should allow you to load other plug-ins into the PluggoBus.  In fact, I've
heard it suggested that such a configuration is a good solution to provide
VSTi automation on host platforms with hampered synchronization
capabilities.

         -c-

_____
"i want to reach my hand into the dark and *feel* what reaches back"
                                                 -recoil