why Kim why?

Kim Flint wrote:

"Similarly, I find "Looping Festival" to be like a "Trumpeting
Festival........
If the organizers instead decided to call it a "Trumpet Festival" due to
the
coincidence of trumpeters, the public interest would probably drop
considerably and only trumpet playing
members of the public would show up (possibly dragging their spouses
along)."

Why then, Kim (creator of LoopersDelight, the largest website for live
looping on earth),
have you then attended the last several looping festivals that I have
worked
so long and hard (without compensation I might add) to produce as well as
the LOOPSTOCK festival in San Luis Obispo just recently.

Perish the thought that we should try and create a mutually supportive
artistic community
that self conciously tries to promote people who use looping technology as
way to
further their artistry irregardless of stylistic differences.

What is, is, Kim.

No matter what you think,  we are establishing a viable community and some
of us
are excited to be a part of it.

   Even when we preach to the converted (and the spouses that you so
contemptuosly say we drag along) these shows have filled people (and
myself)
with new knowledge, new musical contacts, inspiration for new ways of using
looping tools in creativity and,god forbid,  a sense of community and
mutual
support in a culture that practically spits on art.

   I just spent the last couple of weeks touring with Per Boysen and
Matthias Grob in Sweden where, thought the audiences were small, we had a
wonderful time playing, talking philosophy
and plotting where to go next to try and promote this concept of live
looping.

  A middle aged physiotherapist was totally inspired by Matthias' story of
how he developed
the origins of the EDP in an effort to heal his back problems.   He said
that he had never
played and instrument and thought that getting into looping was going to be
his way of
entering into the creative musical world.   It filled me with such hope to
hear his excitement.  Per spent a lot of time after our gig at the OCEAN in
Gothenburg with a young
man who was enthralled with what he had just seen performed.    I talked to
a traditional bagpipe musician today who is going out to by a line 6 looper
because he was inspired by all the liberating things that I described to
him
that a looper can do for a solo musician.

  I said to my Dad afterwards, "...........spreading the looping gospel one
person at a time" and felt proud when he smiled broadly hearing it.

    I'm honestly deeply grateful for everything that you have given to the
looping community with the creation of Loopers Delight and the creation of
Loop IV but
I'm going to keep working hard no matter how dismissive you are of what we
are trying to create.

    With the passing of my mother who was so supportive of my brother's and
my looping efforts, I am deeply saddened and hurt that you seem so
judgemental of a community that you have done so much in your own way to
foster.

Rick Walker