Re: Dig if u will my research paper Chapter2

first off, i'd like to say that's a pretty cool paper.

On Tuesday, May 27, 2003, at 02:04  AM, Kim Flint wrote:
> Stockhausen was also a big influence on very loop oriented groups like
> Can, Tangerine Dream, and Kraftwerk, as well as Eno a bit later. I
> think Can actually used looping with tapes, while Tangerine Dream and
> Kraftwerk used analog arpeggiators and sequencers to get similar
> effects. I think all of those went on to have a far bigger influence
> on loop based music today than any of the more academic composers of
> the sf tape center. That krautrock scene, and I think especially
> Kraftwerk, was a key foundation for loop based music like techno, hip
> hop, new wave rock, etc.

I feel compelled to point out that i'm not sure about the others you
mentioned, but Klaus Schulze was definitely doing the "time lag
accumulator" looping thing with tape machines. there's actually a
picture here: http://www.klaus-schulze.com/photos/8402.htm  it's behind
him, in a road case constructed for the task.

and even though Tangerine Dream namechecks old Karlheinz, Klaus went
ballistic on this journalist when he asked him if Cage, Riley, and
Stockhausen were influences:
http://www.klaus-schulze.com/interv/in9704.htm

fun stuff ...
---