Jamman question...

I was looking at the Jamman online manual and am a bit confuse between
"sample' mode and "loop" mode.

If I understand correctly you can only reverse in Sample mode but you
cannot overdub. IN other words you record something once, reverse it,a nd
if you want to add somethign to it you cant it merely makes a new sample.

The Loop mode allows you to overdub but doesn't reverse.

If this correct? If so it seems that stupid little DL4 pedal of mine wins
again and again. I am looking for a second looper to compliment it but I
really think it has to do more than the DL4 in terms of features. I don't
need 60 second loops, but reverse and overdub seem pretty basic to me.

any help appreciated