Re: LIVE LOOPING: a definition

on 5/28/03 6:23 PM, Kim Flint at kflint@loopers-delight.com wrote:

> But it was all about the musicians. That's who the community was. What
>I'm
> not understanding is how those events are a useful promotional tool to
> potential audiences that are not also players. The marketing strategy
>does
> not make sense to me. So I'm asking questions about it, but not getting
> many satisfying answers.

Well I did have two non-performers who didn't show any signs of being
players -- e.g., they didn't ask any gear questions -- come up to me after
Y2K2 wanting to know where my CD was. (I didn't have one at the time.) So,
that's slightly broader than just the loopers themselves. On the other
hand,
it was Santa Cruz.

Mark