EFC-7 Switches (again)

>While researching some different feeling switches on my EFC-7, I came
>across the footcontroller for a Johnson J-Station preamp, which has some
>pretty good-feeling switches. Not mechanically loud, but you can tell
>when you press em. Opening it up, I got the part #.. R13-85. Looking
>online, I found em:
>http://www.sci.com.tw/htm/switch/(R13)%20PUSH%20SWITCH/R13-85.htm

Those switches are in a number of Digitech products like the J3, J8 and
J12, and the external controller for the GNX3's JamMan function (hmm,
guess they licensed it from Lexicon since they're calling it JamMan(tm).

Anyway they seem to be good switches. I have a couple of heavily used J12
footcontrollers (that's 24 switches worth) and have never had any
problems.

I couldn't find a way to order from the sci.com site, so didn't see a
price, but they're offered at $3.88 each at
http://outlet.johnson-amp.com.

Seems like they'd work just fine in the EFC-7. They're momentary contact,
and the spring loading isn't too stiff but there's still a decent amount
of resistance.

However one thing I like to do with the EFC is push a button with my big
toe, then kind of pop the toe off it to one side and let the button snap
back up.  On the J12, the switches will make kind of a loud clunk in the
steel chassis if you do that, I'm sure it'd be the smae in the EFC. But
not a big deal. But they're just not as comfortable as the red switches
to play barefoot....

Hmm, you gave me an idea, installing the red switches into the J12 might
be a good little project....