Re: DigiTech DigiDelay pedal--cool!

Gary wrote:
> Just got this X-Series delay pedal from Zzounds (purchased thru the LD
> portal, natch) and find it to be great fun and probably musically useful
> (the IRS appreciates that part).  4 seconds of looping delay, a wonderful
> reverse effect, battery powered and only $100!  Thumbs up to DigiTech on
> this one!

Gary, can you describe the reverse effect a bit? I've been bummed that the
budget-level Boss pedals all have this reverse-plus-forward mix, and I'm
looking for one that responds like the older Boss pedal (referred to as the
Adrian Belew pedal by some). If I remember correctly (and this could have
been some dream fragment...) it actually stored your sound and spit it
back,
backwards, when triggered by your next sound. Your description of the
DigiTech reverse function - and any other details of this pedal (like its
sound-mangling qualities when you crank a knob while playing,
fer'instance) - will surely be appreciated by all of us loopers on a
budget.
Douglas Baldwin, coyote-at-large
coyotelk@optonline.net