Re: How do you approach looping composition?

Hello Christian,
My 1st Cd "Bassapes" was pretty much layering and reverse on a
Boomerang.(This was before I discovered this list the Echoplex and the
work of Daved Torn and Jeff Pearce).I think that Steve Lawson and Max
Valentino are bassists who are masters of this approach.In this mode I
find it helpful to think in terms of parts;chordal,melody,percussive and
to "start" pieces from diffrant places/parts .It's fine to have 3
basslines in the same piece but think of it as another bassist once it
enters the looper so as not to compete for space.
Busking can help alot.Nothing lets me know how much music is already
happening on the looper as much as stopping the adding of parts to make
change or talk to someone :)
Reviews of my work can be seen at
 http://www.bassinside.com/2003/april/cdreview.htm
http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&uid=MISS70308201453&sql=Ac098s31wa3mg