Re: EDP MIDI (help) and a question about buttons!!

At 07:42 PM 12/29/2003, lol c wrote:
>a.If it can be done my be with my FCB1010 and an EDP with Loop3.5
>(Prefared!!)
>b.With a differant board but Loop3.5
>c. With Loop4
>d. Haha you must be dreaming sunshine!!!!

summary answer:
- you can't do that with LoopIII's midi implementation, you need LoopIV
- you might be able to do it with LoopIV and the FCB pedal (I'm not sure)
- you can do it easily with LoopIV and a different midi controller

here's why I'm not sure:
In your scenario you want some functions to work with different parameter
settings from the others (quantize on or off for instance). Presumably you
want this to happen automatically. You would do this by having a preset
for
each case, i.e., preset 1 has quantize on, preset 2 has quantize off. You
set up the pedal to send the program change for the needed preset along
with the command to execute.

For example, you have a ReverseQuantized button that sends two commands to
the Echoplex, a program change for your preset with Quantize=on, and the
command for Reverse. Then ReverseUnQuantized would send the program change
for the preset with Quantize=off along with the Reverse command.

It is very important that in the midi string it sends the program change
first, followed by the function command, or this won't work. This is the
reason why I'm not sure if the FCB pedal works for this...I have no idea
what order it sends commands. It is capable of sending a program change
and
note message from one pedal. So if the program change always comes out
first, you should be ok.

>1. Record (Rounded,Quantised)

BTW, rounding or not only pertains to when you are multiplying the number
of cycles. it doesn't affect all the functions where you mentioned it. and
quantize only affects record if you are using sync.

>OTHER QUESTIONS:
>also is there any provision in the midi setup for jumping from Loop1 to
>Loop2 when they both have infomation in them and begining to overdub
>instantly at the start.

switchquant = confirm

>I thought about a button that would have you just to loop2 from loop1 and
>go into reverse and overdub at the same time, is this sort of thing
>possible

yes, for the echoplex it is possible, but not for the FCB pedal since it
can only send one command or a command+progchg at a time.

kim