From: "wavecomputer360" <wavecomputer360@gmx.de>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 14:02:14 +0200
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Subject: EDP sync problem

Blame it on the weather, maybe... but:

my EDPs are exhibiting some strange behaviour which rather puzzles me as they both used to work flawlessly as a duo until the other night. I´m using a stereo setup of two EDPs with identical OS (Loop III, 5.0). I don´t use them as loop units but as delays. They are synced by means of Brother Sync and MIDI in order to control both units from a master. Both are set to MIDI channel #1 and the slave unit says Ctrl. In while the master says Ctrl. Out. They both power up at the same time with no delay between them.

Now, when I press Record, the master unit starts recording immediately while the slave unit waits for a couple of seconds, showing "ooo" in the display, and then starts recording. Of course, delay times are not the same for both channels, for instance 8.6 seconds on the master unit and 7.8 seconds on the slave which is very annoying. I originally had them both set to wait after the Record button had been hit once and start recording upon hitting the button a second time (and I´d like to have it that way again). Now they only start recording simultaneously when I press Record longer in order to erase the previously recorded loop. I wonder why that is, especially since I didn´t change any of the settings once I had them both set up the way I wanted them to be. I guess that´s some MIDI issue here but I´m not sure. I remember Krispen Hartung having had similiar problems with his stereo setup. How can I get them both running again? Is there a way to reset them completely before setting them up again?

Kim?

Thanks for info,

Stephen.

PS: Even though they both have the same OS installed, one unit restarts itself when MIDI dump is activated by mistake while the other shows the behaviour described in the manual (two blinking hyphens and the display reading 0). Are there different OS even within the same revision?

"Human beings are a disease, the cancer of this planet, you´re a plague. And we are the cure." (Agent Smith / Matrix)

Visit the official [´ramp] website at www.doombient.com <http://www.doombient.com>