----Original Message-----
From: Nemoguitt@aol.com [mailto:Nemoguitt@aol.com]
i saw fripp at a g3 show here in pittsburgh (a dream venue if there ever was one!) and wondered what the buzz was all about.....i recall that he actually smiled and this made me feel better about his curmudgony (sp) press.....i was once a big fan of ambient music, i think i recorded every "music from the hearts of space" show way back when.....as i think back i believe it was the "how do they get these sounds" question that made me interested, the music itself was relaxing and it wasn't rock/jazz/classical.....but after awhile i wondered "where's the beef (beat)".....your cave had to be deeper than mine not to have heard or read about "fippertronics" but other than his work on KC i knew nothing of his music.....i was therefore very excited to go hear him at the g3 show.....a ton-o-toys a great seat tthat he could spin around on a cool lookin guitar much knowledge and yet, the sound coming out of the speakers made me go "so.....".....i wanted to tap my toe but couldn't.....i used to drink scotch in the way back and it was an aquired taste (if you have never done it go sip a single malt and i think you will know what i mean).....perhaps it's an age thing, i don't feel i have the time to "aquire" (go thru the process of puting up with enroute to activly liking a "thing").....there is just too much "stuff" out there.....oy what a time we live in yo.....michael