Re: here is a good Cream review:

A girlfriend who was nuts about Rod Stewart got me to go see him at the LA
Greek Theatre (is there another one?) in 1994, I think.  I really liked
his
Faces period, up until the "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy" thing took off - and who
wouldn't like the guitar work?  In his latter rock period, doing "Hot
Legs"
and such showed a good capability for self-lampooning, and afforded once
again nice guitar licks.  At the concert I found myself, some years later,
feeling like a lot of the guys whose wives had gotten them to get tix to
see
Rod, looking for the bits to get enthused about, enjoying the old stuff
mostly, when the New part of the show started with "Fascination" - and
Jeff
Beck came on to play several songs.

The guy just ripped and burned it up - and didn't sound like he was
playing
a tape in his head either, taking the songs to places we'd not heard
before.
I'd also been fortunate enough to catch him opening up for (!) Stevie Ray
Vaughan (LA Auditorium 1991?), and between the two of them it was a
three-hour show.  They also played together a couple of times, and nearly
burnt the place down.  @#$% Awesome!

Luis, I completely concur.  Jeff Beck is one of the few from the Old Days
that still kicks butt.  Ab So Lutely.

From: "L. Angulo" <labalou2000@yahoo.com>