Re: here is a good Cream review:

   There is a Greek Theater in Berkeley- up in the hills surronded by big
eucalyptus trees with a view of the whole SF Bay -one of the best outdoor
venues in the country.
  I think Santana still plays with real passion and fire,he isn't exaclty
exploring new ground, and I don't care about collaborations with pop stars
that I never would have heard otherwise, but I think he still sounds
great.
I play ltin percussion, that sound never gets old for me.The sense of mthe
melody instrument being and extension of the voice is an aesthetic I
greatly
respect. I saw Beck on the tour for Truth when Rod Stewrt was his led
singer
,and unknown in the states. the opening act was Big Brother and the
Holding
Company,w/ Janis-Stewart was not particularly impressive in comparison.I
once sw Ike and Tina Turner open for the Stones-Tina made Jagger seem like

complete poseur.And Ike did the sme to both stones guitarists.It's to
their
credit I suppose that they would hire openers that could and did so
thoroughly outplay them.