Re: beck the elder (was "here is...")

A side-by-side comparison of the Beck and LZ versions of "I Can't Quit
You Babe" quickly shows who took that ball and ran with it while
writing his name all over it.  All Beck had going for him was being a
genius guitarist, Page had the larger version of the studio and was
much more ambitious, plus, he didn't make the mistake of hitching his
cart to Rod Stewart.  You'll spend a long time looking for an engineer
who's had someone come in and say "Dude--make our record sound like
'Truth'!" whereas LZ I is a benchmark rock recording.

And I've never listened to the White Stripes and thought "The
drummer's ruining this!", but she does seem to bug some people.

TH