RE: beck the elder (was "here is...")

  Page ripped off Beck? C'mon,all the English guitar heros got most of
their
ideas from black bluesman from the US. Clapton usually sounded like
Freddie
King but he played an Albert King thing pretty much note for note on
Strange
Brew. Then covered Born under abad sign so Albert could get some
royalties.
nd started hireing Freddy to  open ,to try and pay him back.Page sounds
like
he heard alot of Earl Hooker.  Zep never really gave credit for lyrics and
riffs from blues tunes,and they didn't really hire people to open to try
and
expose them to audience like other groups did.I
  The english guys  could play and did creative thing sand brought modern
production values to the blues, but in guitar hero days, guys like Luther
Allison ,Magic Sam and Buddy Guy could out play all the English cats
,including Beck  who for my money  wasn't much of a blues player though he
was good at rave ups,-didn't get interesting until fusion. I like Peter
Green  the best of th english blues players,but take wy the BB King
licks,and you still have real feeling ,genuine soul,but not too much
musical
vocabulary.