Sound Clip: Eclipse-ish sounds on Powerbook

Hi Loopers,

I thought I should share this sound clip with the list since we had
this discussion about the possibility of using a laptop to play
sounds similar to those you get out of an Eventide Eclipse.

I did the sound clip for a tutorial in Swedish I wrote on the topic
"Using Ableton Live as a musician fx rig". So it's typically just
plugging in a guitar and playing though the fx patches for
demonstration. Not by any means a finished piece of music. I still
think it may interest some. The file is 4 MB and uploaded at http://
www.boysen.se/audio/Live_clinic_Studio_6_2005.mp3

FYI, these are the plug-ins used:

--> On Audio tracks:
2 Augustus Loop, panned Left vs Right.

--> On Effect tracks:
Live 4: Freeze reverb in economy resolution.
OhmForce: OhmBoyz.
Pluggo: Rye.
Pluggo: SpeedShifter.

--> MIDI Clips
Lots of midi sequences (trigged by FCB1010 foot pedal) used to pitch
transpose the two loops as well as for creating arpeggios in the
spinning (and recording) loops.

Eight different pitches used for the loops. No quantization used, so
as soon as I step a pedal both loops go directly into the new pitch.

Five arpeggios (can't imagine you need more? Comments?)
1. Octaves bouncing (kind of giving a "Ska back beat" on the upper
octave)
2. Octaves bouncing (different poly rhythm accents)
3. Dim scale arpeggio.
4. Quint chord scale arpeggio.
5. Whole note scale arpeggio.

All arpeggio clips send relevant pitch commands in a different order
to the two panned loopers. This is for creating a broader stereo
field and some interesting stereo poly rhythm.

Augustus Loop parameters mapped to the FCB pedal are Feedback, Beat
Division and Freeze Loop. Actually I never used Freeze Loop in this
example, both loopers were overdubbing all the time. The "pad" sound
in the background is Lives freeze reverb and the two pluggos also
provide some instant sweetening, one among high and one among low
frequencies.

"Drums" provided by forty "RAM Mode" audio clips with random scripts
("Follow Action" as they are called in Live). On each eighth note the
drum loop has the probability of one to twelve for changing to
another, randomly picked, loop. When this happens the jump from one
loop goes into the new loop at the same eighth note (since they are
all run in "Legato Mode").  A chines gong sample is used to stop the
random drums (triggerd from a foot pedal).

To save up CPU resources no compressor plug-ins were used and no
SupaTriggah on the drums ;-)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
---