Multi-Tap Delay: any smart idea ?

Hi all, Im'looking for Multi-tap delay devices

1. possibly software solution
I would prefere a software program for PC Windows, because for cost saving
(my budget is low).

I'm looking for something for create complex MultiTap delays in real-time
possibly as *standalone* program;
I hate VST plug-ins because thet require a VST host that I do not
have/know.

In case your proposal is just a plug-in, please suggest me a  freeware VST
host tool,
but plese do not trasform this thread in a VST discussion.
I don't love to talk about VST; I like standalone programs.

2. hardware solution
Someone may suggest any hardware device for mutitap ?
please do not suggest me usual tools used for looping;
I do not believe tha t they are suitable for complex delay fractalization
have in mind.

many thanks / giorgio
http://solyaris.altervista.org