Re: The Live Looping Community: myth or reality

Howdy-

As one who has spent half of his life alone in a room making "weird
sounds" and being yelled at from another room (and even other
houses from time to time) to "turn that shit down!!!!", I appreciate the
"community" of loopers represented by this list.  I do a lot of more
mainstream songwriting as well as looping/experimental music and it has
always been harder to find people who are interested in the
latter (as David Byrne said: Lyrics exist to make people listen to music
longer than they would otherwise).  Finding this list full of people
who are excited and knowledgeable about looping has been amazing.  Before
finding this list I was relatively unaware of what others
were doing, loop-wise.  Had I known of the ongoing Y2K1,2,3,4 etc., I
would have been there.  I look forward to the next one, and you
can bet yer ass I'm gonna be there.  I hope to meet some of you in person.

The interactions and feedback I've received from Rick Walker, Dan
Soltzberg, Berhard Wagner, etc. have been very rejuvenating to my
excitement level for looping and have made me feel a part of something
larger....a community perhaps?  Thanks to everyone putting
positive energy into this.

Joe Rut
lumper/splitter