pipes panned

  Pan pipe synth sounds did get used to death after they showed up on
"screams new age' is an odd phrase though -bit oxymoronic. Not that I
ever criticize someones associations-I asscociate pan pipe sounds with
music from the Andes .I like that wistfull and haunting thing,but I stay
away from it on synth because some people are reminded o bad new age-or
Zamfir-I never saw any of those TV ads,I don't watch tv at all, and knew
Zamfir's recordings of tradtional Rumanian stuff ,which are actualyl quite
good ,not like the schlock he did once he had a niche in the States