Re: The Live Looping Community: myth or reality

There's always gonna be some equivocation when it
comes to defining stuff like this, but I think in our
case it has to be extended to include things like:
1) a network to provide a greater knowledge/database
both technically and technologically.
2) a support system for diseminating gig info, both
for informing members of said 'community' when/where
events are taking place so that members may attend,
and also to assist in organizing the events in the
first place.
3) a means of initial contact and subsequent
communication for collaborations, both in live
performance and recording projects.
4) more of a group identity as a means of feedback to
the manufacturers of looping gear to reflect which
features are more or less desireable in new equipment.
(as we've noted before, Boss/Roland seems to be exempt
from this one...)

Et cetera,

-t-

--- Travis Hartnett <travishartnett@gmail.com> wrote:
> Then there must be some disagreement over what the
> hypothetical live
> looping community has in common, because it's got to
> be more than "A
> bunch of people who use a looping device to make
> music".  Essentially
> everyone on this list fits that criteria, but the
> idea of "community"
> isn't universally accepted.
>
> On 5/6/05, samba - <sambacomet@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >   A community is a group of organisms that
> coalesce around something they
> > have in common.It could be a nutrient stream,a
> water hole,a protectable
> > place to raise young,a village adjacent to feilds
> to graze the flocks,which
> > was called the commons,etc. Modern humans in
> industrialized countries form
> > communities around commmon interetsts,rather than
> survival needs-though
> > maybe socialization is a survival need.

Yahoo! Mail Mobile
http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail