RE: Writing Someone Else's Song (was: Pagey vs the Beatles)

  Something in the Way.. is from  the first James Taylor record- produced
by
the Beatles,I beleive it was the first release on their Apple label (the
first artist owned record comapny),besides their stuff.It's a common
practice in poetry to take one line from someone else's poem and write a
new
piece,there's nothing else even simlar about the songs except that line.I
think James was doing that with tGeorges line.-White album came out in 68
,James Taylor was later ,I think.The 2  melodies very different .
  Come Together,(which was written as a campaign song for Timothy Leary's
planned run against Reagan for governor of California,( imagine if he had
won) which was cut short by his being busted) sounds like a spoof on Berry
the way Back in the USSR is a spoof on the Beach Boy's Back in the USA.
  But Lennone did do something to make Bery some royalties,I haven't heard
of ZEp doing anything like that.

Also of note: something in the way she moves is a lyric from James Taylor--