Re: USB / MIDI Keyboard Controllers

Art Simon wrote:
> I can certainly recommend one to stay away from.  I have an "i-rocks
> crystal" 4 port usb hub and card reader. When I plugged my Roland
> PCR-30 into it, I could get a delay of nearly a second if I played
> large numbers of notes.

Wow, that sounds like a design problem.  Hubs generally don't add
that level of delay.  Does it have it's own power supply?  Non-powered
hubs can cause problems if you try to connect power hungry devices
to them, basically anything other than a keyboard or mouse.  For
a MIDI keyboard drawing power from the USB cable you would certainly
want a powered hub.  I have a generic cheapo hub from Fry's that
works fine to my ears, but it is powered.

Jeff