From: RobotFan@aol.com [mailto:RobotFan@aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2005 8:17 AM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: Boss DD-20

Actually, I could hard pan my mixer and send only the left channel to the DD-20. That kills the stereo advantage, but makes short work out of the problem. I just pan left the instruments that I want looped.

However, after an evening playing with it, I'm wondering if I didn't make a mistake just getting started with this. It's not like I thought it would be at all.

Because I want to capture parts in mid performance, it's very difficult to do. I did play games where I play a bass line, add a rhythm (even added percussion) and then jammed over that, but that is really NOT what I bought this for. I accompany myself fine in real time so making loops like that leaves my left hand doing little or nothing.

I don't know, maybe I'll play around with it some more before I decide this isn't for me.

I can't even adequately explain what it is I'm trying to do with it. I think the closest I can come to a description is that I want a "super arpeggiator" that I program in real time in performance. Like, I'm jamming on a groove and then capture a run on my lead synth which keeps repeating while I play a counterpoint to that run. Then I seamlessly replace the first looped run with another, etc. etc. etc.

Is that clear or am I doing a bad job of expressing this?

Carl