Re: Cooking your delays?

On May 10, 2005, at 6:07 PM, Andreas Wetterberg wrote:
> Do you do that as well?

yes.

sometimes i will build a nice long loop on the PCM-80 and then go to
sleep on the couch in my studio. when i wake up the chorus of angels
have become an army of demons bringing me out of dreamland.

that's cool you use the word "cook". when i've talked about this
"feature" of the PCM-80-as-looper i talk about "cooking" my loops
overnight.

after a couple of days it becomes absolute grunge, nearly
indistinguishable from the original loop.

On May 10, 2005, at 6:11 PM, Travis Hartnett wrote:
> Are you saying your gear mutates audio while it's in playback only
> mode?

mine does. the PCM-80 wasn't built as a looper, there is some hash
added with each repetition ... it sounds like a combination of bit
reduction, aliasing, and filtering.

---
Eric Williamson
www.suitandtieguy.com