Re: OT: music biz article

I'm not sure what exactly you mean by "studio masterpiece", but I
think that there's going to be an increasing number of people who
spend more time recording than performing since all the former
requires is a little bit of money and a lot of time.  HD recording
encourages endless twiddling and complex things that weren't really
feasible with analog recording and are now within the reach of just
about anyone interested in it.  Plus, one can avoid the possibility of
real-time public ridicule by staying holed up in one's bedroom comping
together performances and mucking around with plug-ins.