EMUSIC Playlist #425 for May 12, 2005

http://wdiy.org/programs/emusic/playlists/2005/050512.html

EMUSIC is an electronic, ambient, and space music show, that airs each
Thursday
at 11:00 pm on WDIY 88.1 FM, Allentown and Bethlehem, PA, 93.9 FM in
Easton,
PA and Phillipsburg, NJ, 93.7 FM in Fogelsville and Trexlertown, 92.9 FM on
Service Electric Cable, and webcasting on the internet.

                    Show #425                    May 12, 2005

RECAP:
On this show, I started a month-long focus on the Atlanta Georgia-based
TouchXtone.
The Featured CD at Midnight was "Two."

The Vinyl Starter was from the LP "Macula Transfer" by Edgar Froese on
Brain
Records, released in 1976.

I played the music of artists who will be appearing at local events;
Jonn Serrie at
the Gathering Concert Series and Mark Jenkins, Recompas, Mikronesia, and
TouchXtone
at the electro-music festival.  Details and links are at the EMUSIC
events page.

TouchXtone -
http://wdiy.org/programs/emusic/playlists/2005/focus05.html#may
Events - http://wdiy.org/programs/emusic/events.html

PLAYLIST:

11:00 pm
ARTIST                  TRACK                    ALBUM (label)
======================= ========================
==================================
Edgar Froese            pa 701                   Macula Transfer (Brain)
Mark Jenkins            Nutty Puppet             If the World Were
Turned On Its
                                                   Head, We Would Walk
Among the
                                                   Stars (AMP)
Jonn Serrie             Fantasy Passages         And the Stars Go With
You (New
                                                   World Music)
Recompas                dubone                   Definition (Nophi)
Mikronesia              title unknown            Tissue Paper Ghosts ++
Kagermann, Keller,      Alle Wasser laufen ins   The Liquid Session
(Manikin)
  Schonwalder & Friends

12:00 am
TouchXtone              Dub Chill 1              Two (none)
TouchXtone              Titans and Chariots      Two (none)
TouchXtone              Subterranean             Two (none)
TouchXtone              Cat Got Your Tongue?     Two (none)
TouchXtone              Ice Palace               Two (none)
TouchXtone              Imperial Standoff        Two (none)

1:00 am

 * = excerpt
VA = Various Artists (compilation)
++ = Advance CDR from Artist

NEXT SHOW:
On the next EMUSIC, I'll continue the month-long focus on TouchXtone.
The Featured
CD at Midnight will be "Java Monkey."

The Vinyl Starter will be from the LP "Computer Voice" by Robert
Schroeder on
Racket Records, released in 1984.

Bill
Host of EMUSIC, an electronic, ambient, and space music show, Thursdays at
11:04 pm EDT (GMT-4:00) on WDIY 88.1 FM in Allentown and Bethlehem, 93.7 in
Fogelsville and Trexlertown, 93.9 FM in Easton and Phillipsburg and 92.9 on
Sevice Electric Cable.  Listen on-line to WDIY at http://wdiy.org and
click on
the LISTEN link or go directly to:
http://rm1.refugemedia.com/ramgen/encoder/wdiy.rm
EMUSIC web site - http://wdiy.org/programs/emusic
To subscribe to the EMUSIC-on-WDIY mailing list, click on [Join This
Group!] at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/emusic-wdiy
RSS News Feed: http://wdiy.org/programs/emusic/rss/enews.xml
Podcasts: http://wdiy.org/programs/emusic/rss/EMUSIC.xml