EMUSIC Playlist #426 for May 19, 2005

http://wdiy.org/programs/emusic/playlists/2005/050519.html

EMUSIC is an electronic, ambient, and space music show, that airs each
Thursday
at 11:00 pm on WDIY 88.1 FM, Allentown and Bethlehem, PA, 93.9 FM in
Easton,
PA and Phillipsburg, NJ, 93.7 FM in Fogelsville and Trexlertown, 92.9 FM on
Service Electric Cable, and webcasting on the internet.

                    Show #426                    May 19, 2005

RECAP:
On this show, I continued the month-long focus on the Atlanta Georgia-based
TouchXtone.  The Featured CD at Midnight was "Java Monkey."

The Vinyl Starter was from the LP "Computer Voice" by Robert Schroeder
on Racket
Records, released in 1984.

I played the music of artists who will be appearing at the electro-music
festival.
Details and links are at the EMUSIC events page.

I announced the contest to rename EMUSIC.  Anyone may enter.  Rules apply.

TouchXtone -
http://wdiy.org/programs/emusic/playlists/2005/focus05.html#may
events     - http://wdiy.org/programs/emusic/events.html
Contest    - http://wdiy.org/programs/emusic/rename.html

PLAYLIST:

11:00 pm
ARTIST                  TRACK                    ALBUM (label)
======================= ========================
==================================
Robert Schroeder        Galaxie Cygnus-A Pt. 2   Computer Voice (Racket)
Robert Rich             Passing Terrain          Echo of Small Things
(Soundscape)
Jon Jenkins             Legacy                   Beyond City Light (Spotted
                                                   Peccary)
VA [Wave World]         The Winds od Laax        electro-music 2005 Sampler
                                                 (electro-music media)
Mark Jenkins            Supernova                Space Dreams 2 (AMP)
Between Interval        Entropy                  Secret Observatory
(Spotted
                                                   Peccary)
VA [Xeroid Entity]      Spirokete                electro-music 2005 Sampler
                                                 (electro-music media)

12:00 am
TouchXtone              Nautical Mile            Java Monkey (none)
TouchXtone              The River of Gatherers   Java Monkey (none)
TouchXtone              Summer All Day           Java Monkey (none)
TouchXtone              March of the             Java Monkey (none)
                          Constabularies
TouchXtone              City of Machination *    Java Monkey (none)

1:00 am

 * = excerpt
VA = Various Artists (compilation)
++ = Advance CDR from Artist

NEXT SHOW:
On the next EMUSIC, I'll continue the month-long focus on TouchXtone.
The Featured
CD at Midnight will be "EyeDrum and Beyond."

The Vinyl Starter will be from the soundtrack LP "Risky Business" by
Tangerine
Dream on Geffen and Virgin Records, released in 1984.

I will play the music of artists who will be appearing at the electro-music
festival.  Details and links are at the EMUSIC events page.

Bill
Host of EMUSIC, an electronic, ambient, and space music show, Thursdays at
11:04 pm EDT (GMT-4:00) on WDIY 88.1 FM in Allentown and Bethlehem, 93.7 in
Fogelsville and Trexlertown, 93.9 FM in Easton and Phillipsburg and 92.9 on
Sevice Electric Cable.  Listen on-line to WDIY at http://wdiy.org and
click on
the LISTEN link or go directly to:
http://rm1.refugemedia.com/ramgen/encoder/wdiy.rm
EMUSIC web site - http://wdiy.org/programs/emusic
To subscribe to the EMUSIC-on-WDIY mailing list, click on [Join This
Group!] at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/emusic-wdiy
RSS News Feed: http://wdiy.org/programs/emusic/rss/enews.xml
Podcasts: http://wdiy.org/programs/emusic/rss/EMUSIC.xml