Re: surround looping

i think it must be akin to those heavy metal guitarists who use
20 marshall cabinets (granted i've heard that a lot of times only
one is plugged in) on stage. more is more. does sound a little
teeth rattling, doesn't it? i'd definitely check it out, with ear plugs
of course... (not that they would do any good with those sub-subs...)
cheers
bruce

On May 20, 2005, at 2:14 PM, Jon Southwood wrote:

> Regarding the 10.2 and the 16.8.1, I have to ask a potentially stupid
> question:
>
> I was always under the impression (having it read it many times) that
> the low frequencies for which a subwoofer is designed to reproduce are
> not 'directional'. By that, I mean (in case my terminology is off
> [likely]) that one cannot determine the direction from which the low
> frequencies came, or rather one cannot 'locate' the source of the low
> frequencies. If that's the case, why would one need more than one
> subwoofer? Is it a matter of power-distribution (like a 4x12 cab or a
> 16x5 cab like some of the Phil Jones Bass cabs)?
>
> Just curious,
>
> Jon Southwood
>
> On 5/20/05, Richard Zvonar <zvonar@zvonar.com> wrote:
>> 6.1, 7.1, 10.2 etc.  A friend of mine is even designing a system he
>> refers to as 16.8.1, which means 16 full-range, eight subwoofers, and
>> one sub-subwoofer.

bruce tovsky
www.skeletonhome.com

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
Philip K. Dick