Vortex Help Needed!

Gurus of the Vortex:

I recently bought one used, and after much reading and trying my hand at some patch creation, I think I may have a defective one.

It seems that the “Value” knob will not make the rounds from “1 to 64”, but instead does this: If the value that is there

(from how the unit was given to me) is, say “64”, then turning the “Value” knob only flips between “63” and “64”.

And if the value is, say “10”, then turning the “Value” knob only flips between “10” and “9”. I hope I am being clear about this.

That being said, all the patches that are Presets, sound normal, but I wish to use this piece of gear as it was meant to be used, as a morphing tool, etc.

I assume that Vortex will still service this unit?

Thanks for any advice…

Ed in NJ