re: AW: zen and the fluent Music

Interesting topic Rick,this is also the reason i find
rhythm guitar players more interesting than lead
players.When i opened up for Buena Vista social clubs
Eliades Ochoa i sat with the band backstage and asked
the rhythm guitar player if he played the 2-and,4 bass
while simultaneously playing straight 2,3,4
rhythm(leaving the 1 out)which they donīt.When they
play with a band they always start on the 4th of the
beat and leave the one out!this can actually be harder
since you have to listen carefully to the other
musicians to interlock and groove.I thought iīd been
playing it correct starting on the 2,3,4,(and leaving
the one out) but although similar it grooves totally
different!
Luis

When I