Re: Linsey Pollak and Tunji Beier

thank you for mentioning Linsey Pollak on the list.
He is a really great (loop) artist and absolutely nice guy.

In his shows I always appreciate, when he starts to play music on
selfmade instruments, most of the audience is expecting something that
sounds like music, but then he just plays more beautiful then you
often have the chance to listen to.

Unfortunately he does not have a website, it could be filled with good
and funny stuff.

Matthias (L)

___________________________
http://matthias.loibner.net

MG> I was lucky to meet the Australian duo Dva (Tunji Beier - Linsey
MG> Pollak) here in Salvador/BR at the best anual festival:
MG> http://www.mercadocultural.org
MG> (send you stuff in, they had a loop act every year...)

MG> We know Tunji from his brilliant presentation with Matthias Loibner in
Zurich.
MG> But it seems we never mentioned Linsey here?
MG> He appeared twice in the program:
MG> first with the duo:
MG> http://www.tunji.org/dva/instruments.html
MG> then solo in the circus of the avant garde school where the festival
MG> grew out from. He sais he has about 7 projects going and I could not
MG> find the link to the right one (he does not seem to have a site of
MG> his own), but this one gives an idea:
MG> http://www.realtimearts.net/qbfm03/sat/reid_cabaret.html

MG> both shows were totally loop based, Tunji using a Repeater and Linsey
MG> a Roland RC20. unfortunately they cannot be synced so they used
MG> either percussion or woodwinds loops. Since Linsay produces very low
MG> sounds, together they could have built much ritcher grooves.
MG> Anyway, it sounded great the way it was!

MG> Tunji is a great virtuoso with a ritch background, grown up in africa
MG> and having studied for years in India... really quick and subtle...

MG> but what really blow my instrument creators mind was the work of
Linsey!