Re: AW: LWL (looping with laptops) - multi-FX VST and compressor/limiter VST

I've been very impressed with Amplitube's processor usage for both amp
simulation and reverb.  I won't tell you i like their sound quality, but
it's efficient and passable.  I wouldn't dream of replacing a guitar amp
with this plugin, but it can spice up a guitar tone...that goes for NI
guitar rig 1, simulanalog, warp, and a few others i've tried but can't
remember - I noticed they all used much more processor though.  I use a
seperate instance of amplitube just for the reverb unit...it won for live
use after I tried many reverb plugins - freeverb being one of the least
efficient.  I have a 2.4Ghz single core fujitsu C, it's not bad but I
can't
run too many plugins live without glitches.  The processor is between 30%
and 65% usage (depending on how many notes I'm playing) running the
following plugins simultaneously under Bidule:
NI B4
NI Kontakt
NI FM7
Steinberg The Grand
Rekliner Loopy Llama
Rekliner TremoLlama
IK Multimedia Amplitube (2 instances)

A bit more info at the bottom of this page:
http://www.rekliner.com/?PageID=16

Chris
http://rekliner.com