Re: AW: Roland VG8

umm 2cents worth:
ever since i saw JimStafford(guitarplayer extrordinaire) on the tonite show
in '84-i got the video- "trying" to play the new Roland Guitar Synth w/
that
extra arm(?)never new what that was for-anybody?-he was playin 'beverly
hills cop theme' makin all these pseudo synthee-NON guitar sounds using
envelopes that were totally out of time w/ the music-he was at a loss on
how
to control them)-i learned to be apprehensive about synth/guitars.
i have over the years totally turned my back on anything but the most
unaffected of guitar tones-and i sure dont mind players trying to hone
disparate(incongruent qualities) sound-for me that dog dont hunt.
just cause you can integrate ic's or chips or whatever onto a guitar signal
doesnt mean its a good thangg. waggin the dog imho
swimmin against the stream of consciousness
ston