ot: synth sounds 4 gtr

i have the digitech synthwah-works pretty good
some of the filters on my alesis ineko work decent for faux synthy sounds
when i 1st got my digitech dsp256xl 4 yrs ago and was doing early recording
w/ my tascam 4-track, i did one track that sounds like a synth with it-it sounded nothing like guitar--i have no idea how i did the track or what i played. i think it used some setting w/ heavy flanger and the 4-tap delay...
i've also found that playing w/ the pitchshifter and some type of filter w/ my digitech rp100 using volume swells  gets some pretty decent results....
s---