Re: Looping Laptops in general (WAS Products, Services, and Looping Gear "Packages")

On 8 aug 2006, at 21.13, phaslem@wightman.ca wrote:

> Actually, this is exactly the reason I ended up going with a
> software looper.

Jup, me too. I carry back-up CD's of my software installation files,
audio interface drivers and SYSEX dumps of my MIDI controllers and
effect patches. Actually two copies of that back-up CD, stored into
different bags (as well as on the INternet). Just the same basic
instinct that makes me carry my sax mouthpiece safely in a pocket and
not within the instrument bag. Spreading out the risks makes it
easier to pick up the pieces and get back on track if bad things
should happen. I can pick up any computer and restore my looping rig,
pick up (almost) any tenor to restore my sax sound.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)