Re: ? re: really "weird" solo loopers...

"When The Weird Gets Going, The Weird Turn Pro" - I'll let that one job your memory. :)

This could be a fun thread. If you mean "weird" as in weird people who are looping, then wer'e all weird, sick twisted f*cks in my opinion, otherwise we wouldn't be doing this. But that aside, if we're talking "weird" as in Dr. Demento weird, then there's not a lot out there that I've experienced. Certainly many of us have done looping pieces that are weird like like this (and Rick W. easily falls into this category)....I think I've done my fair of off-centered looping material, but it probably just falls into extreme avant-garde rather than weird.  "Weird" is a tough one...it's like it is it's ownn category of art with unique criteria and characteristics.  I do like Dr. Demento "weird", however. I wish I still had some of those radio episodes on tape or CD...I remember the "Worm Song" as a kid, listening to it with my hand-held radio underneath my pillow late at night...that show probably helped mold my personality. :)  Man, I loved that program!!!

But weird....really wierd solo looping....I'd have to say it mostly falls into experimental and avant-garde to me...when it's weird, it generate a distrinct feeling for me....but that is probably just my own idiosyncrasity.

Kris