RE: fractal loops (was: keeping loops interesting)

From: Krispen Hartung
> Oh, this would be frightenly attactive.  Better yet, can one of the
Mobius
> gurus write a script that just does this automatically as I described
it in
> my last response?  I'm guessing it's probably basic...though I'd be
> interested to know how Mobius handles all the copying and rate
changes,
> filling up all 8 tracks. Imagine that...one script button that takes
your
> single loop in a track and explodes it into fractal mayhem.

Instantly filling 8 tracks with multiples of a source track
is relatively easy.  I'm not in a position to test this, but
it would go something like this:

  set trackCopy sound
  Track2
  Wait last
  InstantMultiply 2
  Track3
  Wait last
  InstantMultiply 2
  Track4

The problem is the rate shifts.  You are currently limited to
two octaves up or down, so you would have to record the first track
with Rate -24, set the second to -12, then 0, 12, 24...and you hit
the ceiling.  We would have to add 4 more octaves of shift.

  set trackCopy sound
  Track2
  Wait last
  InstantMultiply 2
  Rate -12
  Track3
  Wait last
  InstantMultiply 2
  Rate 0

Beyond that, you'd have to be careful with overload.  The source
track is essentially going to become 8 times as loud, so each track
will need some gain reduction.

  set trackCopy sound
  set output 90
  Track2