Help needed w/echoplex ARRAY

I need to get this setup finished for a client who wants to run 8
echoplexes with 4 stereo sync'd channels basically.

I think what is happening is..we're going to need some midi filtering
unless there is some way I'm missing to internally filter the start
recording messages :-).  Because right now, when one starts, they all
start or some such thing.  I have to get back to it and see where we're
going.  It's been a few months but I need to find someone before I dig
into it again who has experience running both brother sync and midi.
Thanks, -Bob Weigel  406-582-5849