[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Date Index][Thread Index][Author Index]

Re: Composers should also get paid

Venues which feature live music are required to have BMI and ASCAP
licenses unless 100% of the music performed there is original music
not covered by either of those organizations.  It is the
responsibility of the venue organizer (owner in this case) not the
performer to secure such a license.

On 7/13/07, Jim Bailey <jbailey@wsimail.com> wrote:
> It's my understanding that those rules only apply to BMI and ASCAP
> sanctioned venues(mainly big venues and stadiums and junk)?  If that
> isn't the case wouldn't every house cover band be shut down or fined on
> a regular basis?